|Position Title||Assistant Director|
|Location||Main Campus (Houghton, MI)|
|Full-Time Equivalent (1.0=100%)||1.0|
|Appointment Term||12 Month|
|Pay Type||Salary Basis|
|Salary or Hourly Rate||Negotiable Based on Experience and Qualifications (No less than $55,000)|
|Position Duration Dependent on External Funding?||No|
|Title of Position Supervisor||Director|
Position Summary Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Job Description Summary||
The Assistant Director of Counseling Services is a full-time, twelve-month administrative/counseling position. The Assistant Director will assist with planning, implementation, and evaluation of counseling services. The Assistant Director will serve as the coordinator of group counseling and workshops. The Assistant Director maintains a client caseload and reports to the Director of Counseling Services.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)||
1. Maintain a clinical caseload of individual and group students.
2. Participate in 24-hour emergency after hours (every 5th week during the academic year and every 3rd week during the summer).
3. Maintain clinical documentation.
4. Participate on appropriate university committees and provide education to the university community regarding counseling topics.
5. Assist in planning, implementation, and evaluating Counseling Center Services.
6. Consult with faculty and staff regarding mental health issues.
7. Serve as the coordinator of group therapy.
8. Schedule after hours on call.
9. Organize and assign staff to give presentations to the university and community.
10. Assist with recruitment, selection, and supervision of graduate interns and new staff.
11. In the absence of the Director exercise supervision and oversight of Counseling Services.
12. Assist with budget planning.
13. Coordinate and ensure publications and website are up to date.
14. Provide leadership to foster a culture of safety.
15. Commit to learning about continuous improvement strategies and applying them to everyday work. Actively engage in university continuous improvement initiatives.
16. Apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work.
17. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervision is exercised over staff as assigned.
|Required Education (minimum requirements)||
• Master’s degree in Psychology, counseling, social work or closely related field.
|Required Experience (minimum requirements)||
• Experience working in a Mental Health setting, 3 years.
|Desirable Education and/or Experience||
• PhD in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or closely related field. Experience working at a university counseling center.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)||
• Experience using personal computers and various basic software packages.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities||
• Knowledge of Michigan Tech’s comprehensive mission, vision, and strategic plan.
|Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Skills|
|Work Environment and/or Physical Demands||
Work Environment and/or Physical Demands:
|Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment||
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following three required training; additional training may be required by the department.
Posting Detail Information
|Posting Type||Internal & External Posting|
|Internal Posting Date||02/16/2017|
|External Posting Date||02/16/2017|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)|
|Applicant Special Instructions|
|Provider Special Instructions|
|Confirmation Message To Provider|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Graduate Transcript (Master's)
- Reference List
- Professional License(s)
- Cover Letter