Senior Research Scientist/Engineer - Program Manager
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Please upload at least (3) professional references.
|Position Title||Senior Research Scientist/Engineer - Program Manager|
|Department||Michigan Tech Research Institute (MTRI)|
|Location||Michigan Tech Research Institute (Ann Arbor, MI)|
|Full-Time Equivalent (1.0=100%)||1.0|
|Appointment Term||12 Month|
|Pay Type||Salary Basis|
|Salary or Hourly Rate||Negotiable Based on Experience|
|Position Duration Dependent on External Funding?||Yes|
|Title of Position Supervisor||Senior Research Scientist I|
Position Summary Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Job Description Summary||
MTRI is seeking a highly motivated, intellectually curious professional interested in developing a program area at MTRI that addresses environmental issues that are of importance to the DOD, NGA and other US intelligence agencies. The candidate would build the new program area portfolio by collaborating with MTRI scientists that have expertise in solving environmental problems using cutting edge research approaches in signal processing, geospatial data science and remote sensing. This individual would need to have appropriate access to these US Government sponsors and through onsite visits understand their needs and develop cost-effective solutions using MTRI’s set of core expertise. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of program capture from this particular part of the government. Additionally, the candidate needs to have experience in successful execution of large programs, writing winning proposals, leading research teams, and presenting findings to sponsors in both written reports and oral presentations. The position is based at MTRI in Ann Arbor, MI (www.mtri.org).
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)||
1. Participate as the team leader on developing a new program area at MTRI that addresses DoD, NGA and other US Intelligence agency environmental problems.
|Required Education (minimum requirements)||
• PhD degree in environmental science, geospatial techniques, remote sensing, or a similar related field, and 10 years of related research experience working on DoD, NGA, or other intelligence agency problems.
|Required Experience (minimum requirements)||
• Experience in signal processing, algorithm development, and statistical analysis using advanced mathematical concepts.
|Desirable Education and/or Experience||
• Experience with the development and application of radar and electro-optical (EO) imaging algorithms, machine learning algorithms, and their application to environmental remote sensing problems.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)||
• Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance, which requires United States citizenship. May not possess dual citizenship.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities||
• Highly motivated, self-starter.
|Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Skills|
|Work Environment and/or Physical Demands|
|Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment||
Required University Training:
Posting Detail Information
|Posting Type||Internal & External Posting|
|Internal Posting Date||02/10/2017|
|External Posting Date||02/10/2017|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)||
Please upload at least (3) professional references.
|Applicant Special Instructions|
|Provider Special Instructions|
|Confirmation Message To Provider|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Select your level of education and experience:
- Ph.D in environmental science, geospatial techniques, remote sensing, or a similar related field, and 10 years of related research experience working on DoD, NGA, or other intelligence agency problems.
- Master’s degree in environmental science, statistics, geospatial science, remote sensing, or a similar related field, and 15 years of related research experience working for the above mentioned government agencies.
Do you have experience in signal processing, algorithm development, and statistical analysis using advanced mathematical concepts?
Do you have experience in implementing mathematical algorithms in prototype software such as MATLAB, Python, or R?
Do you have experience with the systematic evaluation of signal/data processing algorithms?
Do you have experience as an analyst with NGA, NRO, DIA, IARPA, DMA, and/or CIA sponsors?
Do you have a demonstrated ability to win competitive procurements?
Do you have experience with the development and application of radar and EO imaging algorithms, machine learning algorithms, and their application to environmental remote sensing problems?
Do you have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance, which requires United States citizenship (cannot have dual citizenship)?
- Cover Letter
- Reference List