|Position Title||Engagement Officer|
|Department||Office of Advancement|
|Location||First Merit Bank Building (Hancock, MI)|
|Full-Time Equivalent (1.0=100%)||1.0|
|Appointment Term||12 Month|
|Pay Type||Salary Basis|
|Salary or Hourly Rate||Negotiable based on Experience|
|Position Duration Dependent on External Funding?||No|
|Title of Position Supervisor||Assistant VP, Advancement|
Position Summary Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Job Description Summary||
Does travelling across the US meeting and talking with successful Michigan Technological University alumni sound interesting? If so, read on.
Michigan Tech is looking for a dynamic, people centric individual to assist the university with our philanthropic mission. If you thrive on meeting new people, then you are likely a professional who will find this position fulfilling. We want listeners who know how to engage with individuals from varied backgrounds. If you have a passion to work with people and this is your chance to be a difference maker by connecting amazing people to the students, faculty, staff and programs at Michigan Tech.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)||
1. Work directly with the Assistant Vice President for Advancement to cultivate a territorial management system identifying young alumni and prospective donors with high energy and compassion to determine their giving potential.
2. Partner with the Assistant Vice President for Alumni Engagement to collaborate with young alumni to engage their time and talent with on-campus initiatives.
3. Develop and maintain connections with students, faculty, staff, alumni and university friends. Coordinate alumni and university events both on and off campus to help identify major and planned giving prospects.
4. Collaborate with the Director of Stewardship and the Student Financial Service Center to create and enhance the culture of philanthropy on campus with the goal of helping students understand the significance of contributions to their Michigan Tech experience as needed.
5. Attend advancement and alumni engagement conferences and seminars with the goal of developing and enhancing personal knowledge in fundraising and alumni engagement.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned.
7. Integrate safety practices into daily activities.
8. Commit to learning about continuous improvement strategies and applying them to everyday work. Actively engage in University continuous improvement initiatives.
|Required Education (minimum requirements)||
• Bachelor’s degree.
|Required Experience (minimum requirements)||
• At least 1 year of fundraising, admissions, banking, management or equivalent experience is required (student employment experience will count).
|Desirable Education and/or Experience||
• Experience in higher education
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)||
• Willingness for frequent travel that may range between 25% and 75% of the position on any given month.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities|
|Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Skills|
|Work Environment and/or Physical Demands||
Work Environment and/or Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment is that of a typical office and or classroom setting.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
|Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment||
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following 3 required training; additional training may be required by the department.
Required University Training:
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent upon and not considered finalized until the required background check has been performed and the results received and assessed.
Posting Detail Information
|Posting Type||Internal & External Posting|
|Internal Posting Date||09/08/2016|
|External Posting Date||09/08/2016|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)|
|Applicant Special Instructions|
|Provider Special Instructions|
|Confirmation Message To Provider|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Reference List