Office Assistant 3
Please see Special Instructions for more details.UAW Posting 3/15/17-3/21/17 External applications will be reviewed after internal applications. Please upload (3) professional references.
|Position Title||Office Assistant 3|
|Location||Main Campus (Houghton, MI)|
|Full-Time Equivalent (1.0=100%)||1.0|
|Appointment Term||12 Month|
|Pay Type||Hourly Rate|
|Salary or Hourly Rate||External candidates will receive the minimum $11.15/hr|
|Position Duration Dependent on External Funding?||No|
|Title of Position Supervisor||Mgr Central Ticketing Ops.|
Position Summary Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Job Description Summary||
Perform clerical and administrative support functions with primary emphasis on ticket sales and customer service for Athletic and Rozsa Center Events, Student Development Complex (SDC) Memberships, Community Programs and general building operations. Use good judgment regarding set policies and procedures. Work requires independent handling of operational matters and excellent customer service to a wide variety of customers.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)||
1. Act as department liaison to internal and external constituents providing exemplary customer service. Use good judgment and discretion to resolve non-routine issues; independently respond to questions about policies and procedures to resolve issues and/or facilitate contact with appropriate personnel when required. Identify problems, independently analyze information, and, in consultation with colleagues, take the initiative to develop solutions.
2. Sell tickets and process cash receipts for athletic and cultural events using a web-based ticketing system, print paid orders daily; coordinate and sell Rozsa and SDC Events; SDC, Gates Tennis Center, and cross country ski trail memberships, equipment rentals, and community program memberships.
3. Greet and assist customers in a friendly, courteous manner; independently respond to inquiries and provide information on events occurring at the SDC and Rozsa Center, along with other activities on campus and the community.
4. Edit, compose, and type correspondence utilizing word processing software.
5. Coordinate the daily operation in the absence of the Office Assistant.
6. Ability to work with minimal supervision, and balance multiple activities in a fast paced environment.
7. Assist in maintaining Season Ticket Renewal process.
8. Stock and maintain office supply inventory.
9. Receive and screen incoming phone calls, handle routine inquiries.
10. Sort and route incoming and outgoing mail.
11. Apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work.
12. Commit to learning about continuous improvement strategies and applying them to everyday work. Actively engage in University continuous improvement initiatives.
|Required Education (minimum requirements)||
• High school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
|Required Experience (minimum requirements)||
• One year office/clerical experience.
|Desirable Education and/or Experience||
• Experience utilizing AudienceView Ticketing Software
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)||
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and oral/written communication skills.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities||
• Demonstrated ability to learn new computer software skills.
|Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Skills|
|Work Environment and/or Physical Demands||
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; and use hands to finger, handle or feel an object. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
|Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment||
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following 3 required training; additional training may be required by the department.
Required University Training:
Posting Detail Information
|Posting Type||Internal & External Posting|
|Internal Posting Date||03/15/2017|
|External Posting Date||03/15/2017|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)||
UAW Posting 3/15/17-3/21/17
External applications will be reviewed after internal applications.
Please upload (3) professional references.
Please review the Ticketing Operations website: www.tickets.mtu.edu for more information about the department and work environment.
Please note this position primarily works evenings and weekends. Example of the hours this position has worked is as follows: Tuesday-Saturday Noon-9 pm.
Starting in mid-May this position works 20 hours per week, resuming 40 hours per week starting mid-August.
Michigan Technological University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer/educational institution. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.
|Applicant Special Instructions|
|Provider Special Instructions|
|Confirmation Message To Provider|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired?
Have you ever worked in front-line customer service?
Describe your experience using Windows-based computers.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Reference List