Campus Health Professions Coordinator
|Position Title||Campus Health Professions Coordinator|
|Department||College of Sciences & Arts|
|Location||Main Campus (Houghton, MI)|
|Full-Time Equivalent (1.0=100%)||.75|
|Appointment Term||12 Month|
|Pay Type||Salary Basis|
|Salary or Hourly Rate||Commensurate with Experience|
|Position Duration Dependent on External Funding?||No|
|Title of Position Supervisor||Dean, College of Sciences & Arts|
Position Summary Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Job Description Summary||
This position is responsible for campus-wide coordination of pre-health experiential learning and admissions preparation for graduate health professions programs.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)||
1. Support department academic advisors across campus who manage pre-health experiential learning (i.e. internships, job shadowing, etc.), with a focus on managing compliance issues related medical, health, and background checks.
|Required Education (minimum requirements)||
• Master’s degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, kinesiology, or related health-oriented field.
|Required Experience (minimum requirements)||
• Prior experience working in academic environment or other complex organizations.
|Desirable Education and/or Experience|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)||
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, oral/written communication, and presentation skills.
|Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities||
• Demonstrated knowledge of University policies and procedures.
|Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Skills|
|Work Environment and/or Physical Demands|
|Required Training and Other Conditions of Employment||
Every employee at Michigan Technological University will receive the following 3 required trainings; additional training may be required by the department.
Required University Training:**
Posting Detail Information
|Posting Type||Internal & External Posting|
|Internal Posting Date|
|External Posting Date||01/31/2017|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)|
|Applicant Special Instructions|
|Provider Special Instructions|
|Confirmation Message To Provider|
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter